___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stow Away

At the Varkala train station I ran into some locals I met earlier, when all of a sudden my train came at the far end of the tracks. Then the locals told me to hurry and jumped down to catch the train. I had no tickets yet, but they said it was okay, so I though I could buy them on the train. Subsequently I followed and ran across the tracks to hop on the train instead of going the proper long way around. My local friend had to go to another compartment and left me. Then I saw a few train conductors sitting together chatting and tried to purchase a ticket, but they neither spoke any English or cared if I had tickets making it my first stow away train ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment