___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bangalore

From Hospet, I took an overnight bus to Bangalore. Again, the no stopping for bathroom breaks or food was a little annoying. However, this bus had single and double beds making for a pleasant ride.

Bangalore was just another city and uninteresting. The only comical thing was when an auto-rickshaw driver approached me and offered to show me the sights for 10 rupees. Right away I knew it was a scam to take me to shops so he could get a commission. I declined the “generous” offer, and then he offered to take me back to my hotel afterwards. I kept declining and he kept trying to convince me. Soon, he fest up and told me that he would give me some money for each shop I went to. The more I declined, the better the deal got. If I didn’t have other things to do I probably would have taken his final offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment