___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Being a vegetarian on the Camino.

It really depends on how you look at it. If you go out to cafes and
restaurants, ya it will be a challenge. However you can buy all the
vegies you need at the supermarkets so there's really nothing to worry
about. You will NOT starve to death.

As for me, I'm still going strong with no meat cravings, to my
surprise. My energy level has been good considering I've been walking,
have a new vegetarian diet, and eating less.

I have seen some wonderful seafood dishes, which is to be expected on
coastal towns. Seafood is also considered something vegetarians would
eat here. So when you order food you have to be clear that there's no
beef, pork, or seafood.

I also found a great website that has a listing of vegetarian
restaurants and grocery stores around the world. Of course Nepal and
India will be vegetarian heaven.

www.happycow.net

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment